Alpha Dustin is cooking up a hearty healthy breakfast for the pack
Hello fellow Merrell Packers!!! Are you looking for a Sunday morning rib sticking, long run, summit reaching, indulgence that will satisfy even the most "lumberjack" of mountain men but will still stay within the realm of healthy? Well, try out this fully loaded vegan banana french toast recipe.
Ingredients Dustin Breakfast:
- Flax, Coconut, or Olive Oil (Any of your favorite oils will work)
- Agave Nectar
- Sugar In The Raw
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Turn your heat to medium-hot and throw some olive, flax, or coconut oil into a hot pan.
- Cut some bananas in half and throw them right in there, drizzle some agave nectar on top, sprinkle some sugar in the raw and cinnamon on there, and let that banana ooze out some goodness and meld with the agave nectar, raw sugar, and cinnamon. This will create exactly the right mixture you will need for you bread (coming up next). Cook the bananas on both sides for about 4-5 mins each, keep adding a little agave to maintain a wet mixture.
- Toast two slices of whole wheat bread
- Remove the bananas from the pan, grab your toasted bread, rub both sides of the toasted bread onto the hot pan with all of the oozing goodness until you soak it all up and cover both sides of bread.
- Leave the two pieces of bread on the pan until both sides have had time to cook and let the oozing goodness permeate into the bread (just like egg would normally do)
- Cut some fresh strawberries, grab some other fresh fruits that you like such as blueberries, oranges, raspberries, etc. Place your bread on a plate, lay the bananas on top, then add your fruit, then drizzle some agave nectar on top, and top it off with a little more cinnamon and raw sugar.
- Pour you a cup of fresh coffee and enjoy your breakfast ;-)