For the past 10 years, Merrell has been a Pinnacle Member of The Conservation Alliance, a group of outdoor businesses that supports efforts to protect specific wild places for their habitat and recreation values. We’ve proudly donated over $1 million to support these efforts!
Before applying for funding, an organization must first be nominated by one of TCA’s member companies and we’d like to use this opportunity to ensure we’re protecting the places our fans love. Specifically, Merrell wants to protect and enhance green spaces that are close to urban areas, ensuring they are widely accessible. If you’d like to apply for one of Merrell’s two Conservation Alliance grant nominations, please fill out the information below before April 23, 2021.
The Conservation Alliance accepts grant requests up to $50,000. Please review their funding criteria before seeking a nomination and for further details, please visit: http://www.conservationalliance.com/how-to-apply/
The Conservation Alliance conducts two funding cycles annually with the following timeline:
Nominations Open April 1
Nominations Close May 1
Proposals Due June 1
Board and Staff Grant Review – June and July
Member Company Voting – August
Grants Announced October 1
Nominations Open October 1
Nominations Due November 1
Proposals Due December 1
Board and Staff Grant Review – December and January
Member Company Voting – February
Grants Announced April 1
If you would like to nominate someone please visit the Conservation Alliance website or email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the information below:
- Organization name
- Organization website
- Contact name
- Contact phone number
- Contact email
- Is the organization currently seeking to secure lasting and quantifiable protection of a specific wildland or waterway?
- Is the organization engaging grassroots citizen action in support of the conservation effort?
- Is there a clear recreational benefit to the project?
- Is there a good chance of final success within four years?
- How far from an urban area (50,000 or more people) is the land or waterway you are seeking to protect?
- Additional comments