We are looking for a new shoe designer – and it could be you! Show us your best coloring work on the Nova 2 Kids shoe. Upload your finished pic with #futuremerrelldesigner and tag @merrell OR submit via email. The winner will have a shoe designed based on their picture, a free pair when available, and a $500 gift card.
How to Enter:
- Click HERE to download the Merrell Activity Sheet.
- Create your best design for the Nova 2
- Take a picture of your artwork
- Enter by posting with #futuremerrelldesigner OR via email and become the next Merrell Shoe Designer!
- Good luck everyone!
Below is an example of the blank Activity Sheet as well as a Sample Entry:
Contest Participation Rules:
- Must be 11 and under to apply
- Must send in a colored picture of the Merrell Kids Nova 2 design – download here!
- Entries must be submitted by February 8
- Only 1 entry per person
2021 Merrell Future Shoe Designer Contest – Official Rules
- Description. The Merrell Future Shoe Designer Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 am ET on January 18, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on February 8, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, participants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined in Section 9), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Parents or legal guardians of an Entrant (defined below) must be 18 years or older, and Entrants must be under 11 years old, at the time of entry. Parents and Entrants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
- How to Enter. To enter, the parents or legal guardians of an Entrant must, during the Contest Period: (a) have an email account or Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account; (b) navigate to blog.merrell.com/kids-shoe-designer-2021(the “Contest Webpage”), and print a copy of the Nova 2 shoe coloring page, provided as a .pdf file (available on the Contest Webpage); (c) take a photo (the “Photo”) of an original coloring of the Nova 2 shoe coloring page (the “Artwork”) created by the parent or legal guardian’s child under 11 years old (an “Entrant”); and (d) either (i) post the Photo to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter using the hashtag #futuremerrelldesigner and tagging @Merrell, or (ii) submit the Photo on the Contest Webpage. The Photo and Artwork together are referred to herein as an “Entry.” No mechanically reproduced Entries permitted. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Incomplete entries and those containing invalid e-mail addresses will be disqualified and removed from the Contest. Any attempt to enter using multiple/different email addresses, social media account names, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of an entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Entries (including the Photo and Artwork) become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest, parents or legal guardians of an Entrant grant Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, feature on footwear, and otherwise use your Entry (including the Photo and Artwork submitted and variations thereof) in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and its goods or services. You further agree that Sponsor may use your name, likeness, and Photo and Artwork all without further consent from or payment to you. You further acknowledge that notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, Sponsor has no obligation to use your Entry, Photo, or Artwork in any manner or for any purpose.
- Representations and Warranties. By participating in the Contest, you warrant and represent that: (a) the Photo and Artwork is Entrant’s original work, and you and/or Entrant are the sole and exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights in and to the Photo and Artwork; (b) use of the Photo and/or the Artwork as described in these Official Rules will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances; (c) the Photo and the Artwork is not obscene or libelous, and does not contain anything defamatory or derogatory; (d) the Photo or Entry does not contain any virus, spyware, malware, trap door, worm, or any other device, mechanism or code that is injurious or damaging to software or hardware used in conjunction with the Contest; and (e) you have the right to grant the license in Section 3 above. Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified and removed from the Contest.
- Winner Selection. On or around the week of February 15, 2021, Sponsor will designate a voting panel of Sponsor employees to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner from among all qualified entries received during the Contest Period. The panel’s voting will be based 50% on creative use of color, 30% originality, and 20% brand appropriate. Any attempt during the Contest Period to create false votes, automatically-generated votes, or otherwise tamper with, distort, or manipulate the voting process, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in immediate disqualification. In addition, Sponsor may disqualify any Entry and/or Artwork, in its sole discretion, if it determines that the Entry received votes in exchange for compensation or other consideration.
Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Prize winner will be notified through direct message or email, and may be required to complete and return an eligibility affidavit and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after Sponsor’s first attempt, does not meet the eligibility criteria, does not fully comply with these Official Rules, or fails to sign and return the affidavit and/or release, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
If a prize winner is considered a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of, or to, the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must accept the prize, execute any required documents, and agree to all obligations and undertakings of the winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Under no circumstances will a prize be awarded as the result of an entry by an individual under 18 years of age, or for Artwork created by an individual over 11 years of age.
- Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize: consisting of (a) the opportunity to have Entrant’s Artwork, and/or the colors/patterns depicted in Entrant’s Artwork, (or modified versions thereof) applied to a pair of Sponsor’s kid’s-sized footwear to be produced for sale to the public, with no additional consideration provided to the Grand Prize Winner (footwear is anticipated to be the Nova 2 boot, with an expected release in August 2021 on Merrell.com); (b) one (1) free pair of such footwear depicting Entrant’s Artwork; and (c) a $500 Merrell gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize is US$550. Additional terms and conditions may apply to any gift cards, promotional codes, or similar prizes awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, and may not be substituted for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability of prize (or prize component) for any reason.
- General Conditions. All taxes and other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Grand Prize winner and his or her guests will be required to execute a liability and/or publicity release before being admitted to the party. Neither Sponsor nor Instagram/Facebook/Twitter are responsible or liable for, and entrants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) completely release and hold Sponsor, Instagram, and Amazon harmless against: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost Entry Forms; (b) network, internet, or computer malfunctions or damage related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, including but not limited to technical corruption or non-authorized human intervention, Sponsor in its sole discretion reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Release/Disputes. By receipt of any prize, winner (or, if a minor in his/her place of residence, the winner’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) agrees that Sponsor, Instagram/Facebook/Twitter, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s participation in the Contest.
As a condition of participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved on an individual basis, without resort to any form of class action. This means neither you nor Sponsor may join or consolidate claims in arbitration or court by or against any other person or entity, or litigate in court or arbitrate any claims as a representative or member of a class or in a private attorney general capacity. In addition, either party may choose to resolve the dispute by binding arbitration, as described below, instead of in court. This arbitration agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any arbitration will take place in Michigan within two hundred miles of Grand Rapids, Michigan by a single arbitrator, and will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS pursuant to the rules of the body conducting the arbitration. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Contest). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List. Name of prize winner may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2021 to Sponsor to the attention of “2021 Merrell Future Shoe Designer Contest.”
- Sponsor/Administrator. The Sponsor and Administrator of this Contest is Merrell, a division of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., 9341 Courtland Drive NE, Rockford, Michigan 49351 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram/Facebook/Twitter.